Why Hire a Designated Driver Service in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Richmond, BC, Canada
Captain’s DD offers a designated driver service in Vancouver, BC and Richmond BC, Canada. Avoid getting DUI by hiring a professional driver to get you and your car home safely.
Drinking and Driving (DUI)
What Is Drinking and Driving (DUI)?
Getting behind the wheel of a vehicle – car, truck, motorcycle or any other motorized vehicle – after consuming alcohol is a serious crime. Drinking and driving is sometimes called driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI), and involves operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) level of at least 0.08 percent. However, even a small amount of alcohol can lead to harmful situations. Some drivers may not even show warning signs of being under the influence, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less dangerous. It’s important to remember that any form of drinking and driving is illegal and can come with strict punishment.
The largest group at risk for drinking and driving are those who binge drink or are struggling with an alcohol use disorder (AUD). This means they consume a large amount of alcohol in a short period of time, putting them at risk for harmful side effects. It takes roughly 30 minutes to two hours for alcohol to be absorbed into your bloodstream. During this time, your breathing may slow down and your cognitive skills may be delayed. Because of this, it is always dangerous to drink and drive.
Dangers of Drinking and Driving
Any amount of alcohol in your bloodstream can impact your driving ability. The effects of alcohol abuse vary greatly, putting you at risk for causing an accident or highway injury. Safe driving requires the ability to concentrate, make good judgements and quickly react to situations. However, alcohol affects these skills, putting yourself and others in danger.
Here are several ways alcohol impairs your driving skills:
- Slow reaction time
- Lack of coordination
- Reduce concentration
- Decrease vision
- Inhibit judgment
The economic costs of these crashes include:
- Lost productivity
- Workplace losses
- Legal expenses
- Medical costs
- Emergency medical services
- Insurance administration
- Property damage
Captains DD offers Online Reservation and Price Estimator for our customers.
- We have a live dispatcher 11AM to 3AM Friday and Saturday and 11AM to 1AM Sunday through Thursday. The best way to book a ride (and also get a quote) is to phone our dispatcher at 604-757-5900.
- Using this form to book a ride is ONLY submitting a request that will NOT BE CONFIRMED until the dispatcher sees your request and phones you to confirm all details. Thus, there will be no ride booked without a phone call, so please phone us to save time and increase the accuracy of your reservation. By phoning to make a reservation, you will know immediately if we have a slot available and immediate confirmation can be given.
How to use:
- Create a simple account or Login
- Pickup location – start typing address and keep typing until you can choose the pickup address from the drop down menu
- Drop-off location – start typing address and keep typing until you can choose the drop-off address from the drop down menu
- Date: Select the pickup date up to 364 days in advance.
- Time: Select the time you want to be picked up. (NOTE: you must book at least 6 hours in advance.)
- Promo Code – If you have a coupon number, enter it here
- Driver instructions. Please tell us if you have a manual transmission, give us all the addresses for dropoffs, and any special instructions for your driver.
- Click on “Get Quote” to get your fare estimate. NOTE: the actual fare will be what is measured by the Taximeter APP the driver will activate on their cell phone. You will be shown the fare at the end of the trip.
- Click on “Schedule Now” to book your ride.
Read more: https://captainsdd.com/book-here/
Call Us Now Book Here