1. “Pickup Times”. While we make every effort to pickup our customers at the time they request, we sometimes run late because the customers before you delay us. Therefore a “Scheduled pickup time” is defined as “any time from the time requested to 30 minutes later.” Your driver will give you their exact ETA once they are on route to pick you up. Please help our drivers stay on schedule by being ready to walk out the door at the ETA given to you.
2. Shortly after your drivers start on route to you, your drivers will phone you with their ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival). If you do not answer this phone call, the drivers will text you their ETA. “Your designated drivers are on route ETA ___. Please acknowledge.” Your drivers will keep phoning and texting until you respond, but if you do not respond within 8 minutes, your drivers will assume you are not there and move on to their next customer and you will be charged a $30.00 cancellation fee. It is your responsibility to monitor your cell phone in the 30 minutes leading up to your reserved time. Captain’s Designated Drivers is NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE if you do not monitor your cell phone in the 30 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
3. “Flexible Pickup Time”. As soon as a driver is assigned to you, you will receive a text message from our dispatch system that contains the name and cell phone number for your driver. If you would like to change your pickup time, open that text message and phone your driver AT LEAST ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED PICKUP TIME and make your pickup time change request. If your driver cannot accommodate your request, your driver will phone the dispatcher who will then phone you with your options.
(HINT: set an alarm on your cell phone for 70 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time because time flies when you’re having fun!)
4. Help our drivers stay on schedule. Please be ready to leave when your drivers arrive. Once your drivers arrive, there is a “5 minute grace period” to get underway. After 5 minutes, the drivers will “start the meter” adding “waiting time” of $2.00 per minute.
5. If you cancel the trip once the drivers are “on route” there is a $30.00 cancellation fee.
6. If you cancel the trip once the drivers have arrived, there is a $60.00 cancellation fee.
7. The fare is calculated using a Taximeter APP on the designated driver’s cell phone. Your driver will start the meter just before starting to drive and stop the meter when you arrive. Your driver will show you the meter reading at the end of the ride. You pay the driver with cash or credit card.
8. Tips. In order to keep our price low, there is a minimum 15% tip payable. 100% of all tips go to the drivers.
9. Receipts: Credit card receipts are emailed or texted to you at the time of payment. Cash receipts are issued by email the next day by scanning and emailing the original receipt (no duplicate receipts). Please give your driver your email address.
10. Pricing: For ONLY $10 more than a taxi fare, we get you and your vehicle home safe and sound. Our drivers carry a taxi meter APP on their cell phone. We have the lowest price in Greater Vancouver.
11. Questions? Phone your driver or phone the dispatcher at 604-757-5900.
12. Complaints or suggestions? Phone The Captain the next day at 604-618-7067.