NOTE: Regarding “Pickup Times”. While we make every effort to pickup our customers at the time they request, we sometimes run late because the customers before you delay us. Therefore a “Scheduled pickup time” is defined as “any time from the time requested to 30 minutes later.” Your driver will give you their exact ETA once they are on route to pick you up. Please help our drivers stay on schedule by being ready to walk out the door at the ETA given to you.
How to book a ride or make a reservation.
Phone 604-757-5900 and tell our dispatcher where you want to be picked up, when you want to be picked up and where you are going to. Our switchboard is open 11AM to 1AM Sunday thru Thursday and 11AM to 3AM Friday and Saturday. You can reserve pickup times anytime – even when the switchboard is closed. Tell the dispatcher if there will be stops and/or “drop-offs” along the way. Tell the dispatcher if you have a standard transmission vehicle. The dispatcher will enter all the details in our cloud based, APP based dispatch system. If you have not used Captain’s Designated Drivers before, you will be asked to pay a $30 deposit via credit card. The deposit goes towards your fare.
Use our “PHONE APP” to phone our dispatcher. Everyone should DOWNLOAD our “PHONE APP” – a bright yellow APP icon that you touch when you’ve been drinking and it “PHONES THE CAPTAIN”.
When a driver is assigned to you, you will receive a text message on your cell phone containing all the details of your ride INCLUDING the name and cell phone number for your driver so that if you need to contact your driver, you can. Open that text message and read it checking the details. If there are any changes or corrections needed please phone your driver. NOTE: Our server is located in New York City (Area Code 508) Do not reply to this message – our server cannot communicate with you. PHONE YOUR DRIVER.
2. If you would like to change your pickup time, open the text message to get the name and phone number for your driver and PHONE YOUR DRIVER AT LEAST ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED PICKUP TIME and make your pickup time change request. If your driver cannot accommodate your request, your driver will phone the dispatcher who will then phone you with your options. (HINT: set an alarm on your cell phone for 70 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time because time flies when you’re having fun!)
3. Shortly after your drivers start on route to you, your drivers will phone you with their ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival). If you do not answer this phone call, the drivers will text you their ETA. “Your designated drivers are on route ETA ___. Please acknowledge.” Your drivers will keep phoning and texting until you respond, but if you do not respond within 8 minutes, your drivers will assume you are not there and move on to their next customer and you will be charged a $30.00 cancellation fee. It is your responsibility to monitor your cell phone in the 30 minutes leading up to your reserved time. Captain’s Designated Drivers is NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE if you do not monitor your cell phone in the 30 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
4. You will receive a text message from the dispatch system when your drivers arrive.
5. Your drivers will contact you directly to arrange where and when to meet. Help our drivers stay on schedule. Please be ready to leave when your drivers arrive. Once your drivers arrive, there is a “5 minute grace period” to get underway. After 5 minutes, the drivers will “start the meter” adding “waiting time” of $2.00 per minute.
6. If you cancel the trip once the drivers are “on route” there is a $30.00 cancellation fee. If you cancel the trip once the drivers have arrived, there is a $60.00 cancellation fee.
Flexible Pickup Times
Problem #1. “I know I will need a safe ride home. I just don’t know exactly what time I will want to be picked up.” Problem #2. “If I phone last minute, there may not be a driver available.” Solution. Captain’s Designated Drivers offers FLEXIBLE PICKUP TIMES. Make a reservation and adjust your pickup time depending on how your evening is going.
Here’s how “Flexible Pickup Times” works:
Make your best estimate of what time you think you might want to be picked up and phone 604-757-5900 to make a reservation.
As soon as a driver is assigned to you, you will receive a text message from our dispatch system.
3. You always know at least one hour in advance if you will be ready to go or if you want more time. HINT: set an alarm on your cell phone for 70 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time because time flies when you’re having fun! When your alarm goes off, if you would like to change your pickup time, open the text message to get the name and phone number for your driver and PHONE YOUR DRIVER AT LEAST ONE HOUR BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED PICKUP TIME and make your pickup time change request. If your driver cannot accommodate your request, your driver will phone the dispatcher who will then phone you with your options.
The drive home.
Give your keys to your designated driver. You and all your guests get into your vehicle. Guests are not permitted to ride in the chase vehicle. Everyone must wear a seat belt.
The designated driver will take enough time to adjust all mirrors, seat, seat belts and familiarize themselves with your vehicle. If asked, please assist to get heat and airflow over the windshield so that the windows do not fog up. Feel free to use your radio or sound system after you are underway.
If you have a preferred route home, appoint a “designated navigator” who will be responsible for all directions. If you leave the route up to your driver, the driver will use a navigation APP to select a route.
Your designated driver will pay special attention to the “chase vehicle” – the car that follows to pick up the designated driver at the end of the ride. Our 2 drivers work together as a team to get you home safely.
As you approach your destination, please give the driver precise parking instructions.
The fare is calculated using a Taximeter APP on the designated driver’s cell phone. Our fare is ONLY $10 more than a taxi fare for the same trip. Your driver will start the meter just before starting to drive and stop the meter when you arrive. Your driver will show you the meter reading at the end of the ride. You pay the driver with cash or credit card.
2. Receipts: Credit card receipts are emailed or texted to you at the time of payment. Cash receipts are issued by email the next day by scanning and emailing the original receipt (no duplicate receipts). Please give your driver your email address.
3. 100% of all tips go to the drivers.
Be a responsible drinker. Plan how you’re going to get home safely, before you start drinking.