Use a designated driver service when you are intoxicated or impaired and need to get somewhere with your vehicle.
We send 2 drivers in one car to where you and your vehicle are. One driver gets out and drives you home in your vehicle while the other driver follows. This gets you and your vehicle home safe and sound and protects all others on the road.
Two ways to book a ride:
- THE BEST WAY TO BOOK A SAFE RIDE is to phone 604-757-5900 and speak with a dispatcher. Switchboard opens at 11AM daily.
- You can also book using our online booking form BUT PLEASE BE AWARE your reservation is NOT CONFIRMED until a dispatcher finds your reservation and phones you back. Since a phone call is required, why not phone our dispatcher first?
How to book a ride by phone.
Phone 604-757-5900 and tell our dispatcher:
- The address where you want to be picked up.
- The final address where we will drop you off.
- The addresses of any dropoffs along the way.
- Whether you have a standard or automatic transmission.
- Any special instructions for the drivers.
How to book a ride using our online form.
- If you use our online booking form, PLEASE BE AWARE your reservation is NOT CONFIRMED until a dispatcher finds your reservation and phones you back. Since a phone call is required, why not phone our dispatcher first?
- NOTE: You must be booking at least 6 hours in advance to use our online booking form.
- To use our online booking form (Click here)
Once your ride is booked.
1. You will receive a confirmation text message reading “Your reservation with Captain’s Designated Drivers is complete for a (time) (date) pickup. Please review the Terms of your ride at https://captainsdd.com/terms/
2. When a driver is assigned to you, you will receive a message on your cell phone containing all the details of your ride INCLUDING the name and cell phone number for your driver. From this point on, communicate directly with your driver. Captain’s DD supplies all our drivers with Bluetooth earpieces so they can answer their phone even while driving. Please DO NOT TEXT your driver. Drivers cannot look at text messages while driving.
3. When your drivers finish the ride before yours and they start driving towards you, you will receive message on your cell phone with the update “Your driver is on the way. (Do not reply)” This will assure you your drivers are on route.
4. Next, your drivers will phone you with their ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival). If you do not answer this phone call, the drivers will text you their ETA. “Your designated drivers are on route ETA ___. Please acknowledge.” Your drivers will keep phoning and texting until you respond, but if you do not respond within 10 minutes, your drivers will assume you are not there and your drivers will cancel your reservation and move on to their next customer. . You will be charged a $30.00 cancellation fee. If you are in a very noisy venue and may have trouble hearing your phone, we recommend that you phone your driver prior to your scheduled pickup time to let them know you will be ready when they get there. It is your responsibility to monitor your cell phone in the 30 minutes leading up to your reserved time. Captain’s Designated Drivers is NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE if you do not monitor your cell phone in the 30 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
5. You will receive a text message from the dispatch system when your drivers arrive.
6. Help our drivers stay on schedule. Please be ready to leave when your drivers arrive. Once your drivers arrive, there is a “5 minute grace period” to get underway. After 5 minutes, the drivers will “start the meter” adding “waiting time” of $2.00 per minute. We do not want to charge you for “waiting time” but we do want to stay on schedule.
7. If you cancel the trip once the drivers are “on route” there is a $30.00 cancellation fee. If you cancel the trip once the drivers have arrived, there is a $60.00 cancellation fee.