We are an established “Designated Driver Service” company with 14 years experience. We drive people who are impaired home in their own vehicles.
We send 2 drivers in one car to where our client is. The “Designated Driver” gets out and drives the client home in their vehicle (standard or automatic) and the “Chase Driver” follows. This gets the client and their vehicle home safe and sound and protects all others on the road. The clients pay a fare for this service.
As we work in teams of 2, this position is ideal for a couple, or for friends who live together or very close to each other. These positions are perfectly suited for retired or semi-retired couples looking for something interesting to do, university and college students in need of extra income, or anyone who would enjoy providing this service and is looking for extra income.
Our part-time drivers earn on average $30 each per hour.
We are hiring and training full time drivers and part time drivers.
Full time drivers drive Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights plus 2 or 3 other nights “on call”.
Part time drivers start by driving Saturday nights 10PM to about 3AM and progress to other nights and longer hours.
We are hiring pairs of designated drivers (Designated driver and Chase driver) who live in Langley, Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows.
Experience as Designated Drivers is a bonus, but not a requirement. Complete training on our easy to learn step-by-step system and all materials supplied. Shirts/blouses, hats and jackets are provided.
Required Qualifications and Experience
1. “Designated Drivers” must have a full license, a relatively clean driving and accident record over the last 5 years. A copy of ICBC driver’s license extract and insurance record must be submitted prior to personal interview. A criminal record check will be completed prior to being hired. Being able to drive a standard transmission well is an advantage.
2. “Chase Drivers” must have a relatively clean driving and accident record. A copy of ICBC driver’s license extract and insurance record must be submitted prior to personal interview. A criminal record check will be completed prior to being hired.
What you need to bring to this position:
1. A genuine belief that getting responsible drinkers and their vehicles home safe and sound is a valuable service to our clients and to the community.
2. Clean cut and courteous at all times.
3. There are rare occasions where you will need a sense of humor and patience.
4. A clean car per driver pair.
5. A smart phone.
6. Modified “pilot’s rule” in effect — no alcohol or mind altering drugs for 12 hours prior to start of shift.